Thursday, 24 March 2016

When can satellite sites be useful?

I've been thinking about to this quite a lot recently. Is there are benefit to setting up websites with free services like Blogger, Weebly or Wix to help promote Leodan:Design? Would it help the SEO of my main website? I've researched it and looked for answers and found varied opinions on this matter.

I realised that would there maybe some SEO benefit, but the real benefit is providing another platform on which you can be found. What I also realised was that by using Blogger, I could write articles that may help users but could use a different voice or style to Leodan:Design. Blogger in combination with IFTTT could provide content of a more personal and affable nature than fits the corporate voice of Leodan:Design website to the Leodan:Design social media platforms. I guess this article written in the first person and in a form aimed at brevity is a good example of this idea.

Why not take a look at the Leodan:Design blog and see how the tone and voices of the content differs?

No comments:

Post a Comment